My Ex Liked Me On A Dating App?

My Ex Liked Me On A Dating App?

Excitement abounds.

Your ex liked you on a dating app and that has left you hopeful.

Hopeful that he wants you back and is reaching out for that purpose.

You have talked to family and friends about it.

Looking for encouragement.

In your heart, you want so badly for this to be a sign that your ex wants you back.

You miss him and life hasn’t been the same since the breakup occurred.

Unfortunately, a like from an ex on a dating app doesn’t mean that he wants you back.

He is on a dating app for a reason.

He is looking for someone new.

Someone different.

Liking you on a dating app was him gauging whether you still care for him.

He hasn’t found someone to replace you, yet.

Until then, knowing that you care about him makes him feel good.

That like was his way of getting you to make him feel better about himself.

Are there moments where he misses you?

Yes, there are.

But that doesn’t mean that he wants to get back into a full-blown relationship with you.

There is a reason why the majority of the time that exes get back together, it doesn’t work out.

Until an ex replaces a previous partner, he is susceptible to loneliness.

He hasn’t replaced you, yet.

Until he does, sending you a like on a dating app and receiving a response from you is how he gets you to make him feel loved or cared for.

Thus, it is more of a selfish act than an act of genuine interest.

An ex that wants you back isn’t going to be liking you on a dating app.

He won’t be on a dating app in the first place.

An ex that genuinely wants you back is on the phone calling you, asking you whether you would like to meet up and talk.

He is doing everything in his power to bump into you in real life in the hopes of getting into conversations with you.

He is constantly asking mutual friends about your well-being and goading them to put a good word in about him to you, hoping this gets you to talk to him.

You would know when an ex genuinely wants you back based on how hard he works to make that happen.

A like on a dating app is weak.

It isn’t indicative of an ex who is doing everything in his power to get you back.

It is more so indicative of an ex who is lonely and hoping that some attention from you on a dating app makes him feel better.

Keep all of this in mind so that you don’t let yourself get overly excited.

It does you no good getting your head in the clouds, daydreaming about what a like from your ex must mean.

It doesn’t mean he wants you back.

He wants to be acknowledged.

That’s it.

Having consequent conversations with him on a dating app is falling for his trap.

It tricks you into believing that the two of you are on track to getting back together.

You aren’t.

He is on a dating app for a reason.

The moment he matches and connects with someone new, he won’t keep responding to you, he disappears.