By Lucas Owen
Perhaps you are ready to give your partner a romantic dinner but you are not quite sure how to go about it. There is no need to worry. Planning or creating a romantic dinner is not always as hard as it is made out to be. You don’t really need to hire a quartet of harmonizers to sing by your table in order to create a romantic atmosphere. Here are some tips you can use.
Set The Time Right
Ensure that your partner has nothing else planned that night. Oftentimes it’s easy to simply assume that your partner will be available. The fact of life is, unexpected things do come up. Hence, ensure that you set out a time for the dinner that the both of you will be completely available.
Use Unscented Candles
Place some unscented candles about the room. An assortment of red, purple or white colors will add a strong mood of romance to the environment. Candles have always given couples an extra infusion of that romantic energy. There is a reason why they are so popular.
Put On Some Soft Romantic Music
Music is a great way to add romance to your special night at the table. Find some soft, ambient music that you can play in the background. It will heighten the mood. There are some wonderful artists out there that have great romantic music. Do your research and pick out your favorites.
Setting The Table
- Drape a white table cloth over the table, making sure that the sides are even. Drape another table
cloth with a solid color over it, deep red or even purple will work nicely. This helps to create a calming
- Your plateware should be arranged as such; bowl on top of plate. Place a red napkin in each bowl to enhance the mood.
- Place your silverware on red napkins alongside the plate ware in this order; spoon, fork, and knife. If you do not have any red napkins, red paper towels will work just fine. Make sure the silverware is shiny and polished.
- Place some red roses to the side of the table next to a romantic candle set.
- Line your wine glasses to the left side of the plates evenly.
- Line your drinking glasses to the right side of the plates evenly.
- Lay a bottle of wine in a small basket decorated with roses and place it in the middle of the table.
Cook Or Order Take-Out
It doesn’t really matter if you decide to cook or order take-out as long as you have a meal that the two of you love. Try to avoid having anything that is too messy in nature as this can damage the romantic mood. That means, no barbecue!
Dim The Lights And Light The Candles
As the romantic dinner is about to get on the way, dim the lights and light the candles. Do this about 10 to 15 minutes before the dinner begins. This will allow the candles time to impress upon the room and also prevent them from being too misshapen by the time the dinner starts.
Turn Off Gadgets
Turn off anything that could ruin the mood. That means, your phone, the television, your computer and so on. These can easily distract and put a damper on your romantic dinner night.
Cover Unromantic Items
If there are some pieces of furniture or items around your dinner table that aren’t particularly attractive, you can cover them with some soft linen fabric. This is always helpful in keeping the romantic air of the evening strong. You don’t want to be in the middle of enjoying your romantic dinner and find yourself staring at an ugly piece of furniture.
All in all, it is really not that hard to create a romantic dinner. Put these tips to use and have a great time with your partner.
Related Romance Articles